Warped Tour 2014: Hunter Valentine – From Canada to Brooklyn these ladies are selling out shows across the country and leaving a trail of captivated hearts among rock fans. Now working on their fourth album, Hunter Valentine, continues to make their mark on the scene. If you haven’t been listening closely, today is the day to start! Meet the band.
1. How did you ladies meet and when did the band first come together?
Laura and I met when I (Kiyomi) was a teenager trying to sneak into some dive bar. We started talking about music and this kicked off our (now 10 yr) music relationship. We have seen a couple different line ups, but always believed in the passion and drive that we have/had for H.V.
2. You are now working on your fourth album, congrats! Tell us what sets apart your latest album from the first.
We are exploring a lot of different sounds and think that this comes from being more comfortable with our abilities in a wide array of genres and musicianship. We love pop, we love punk, we love it all, so we aren’t trying to limit ourselves, we’re just trying to write what comes naturally.
3. Tell us about your most memorable fan experience.
It was probably recently, when we read our “fan fiction novel”. It was amazing to see the creativity that can erupt from putting your own creativity out into the world! Amazing.
4. What are some things that will never change in spite of the band’s growing fame?
Our connection with our fans. No matter how wide the band’s reach becomes, we always want to communicate and spend time with our supporters. We are nothing without them.
5. We must admit we are obsessed with your group! If you could make a case for why spectators should keep a close eye on you ladies, what would you say?
We have a very high energy in everything we do when it comes to music and it’s also honest. Playing in this band is one of our favorite things to do in this world and we think that comes across on a stage.